Working with couples can be an exciting & rich experience. But it often includes repetitive battling with clients; complaints that you don’t understand one or both of them; the sense of being watched and judged; and unnecessary treatment failures.
This seminar will give you tools to make couples therapy more robust and more personally satisfying.
Topics covered include:
- Doing a high-impact intake that also motivates
- Helping couples set goals for therapy
- Helping couples negotiate — & keep — agreements
- Helping couples cooperate when angry
- What makes a good question?
- Evaluating and working with health issues
- Identifying and challenging couples’ narratives
- The myth of “we have a communication problem”
- Using language to communicate with couples’ unconscious, so they learn on multiple levels
This program will make your work deeper & more personally satisfying-and you’ll have fun listening!