Many moms and dads find sexuality a challenging part of parenting. Most parents want their kids to have good values around sex and relationships, and they instinctively know they need to say something—but what? When? And what if kids say “I don’t want to talk about it”?
This enjoyable, down-to-earth talk addresses common parental concerns, including:
- How to talk about sex if you’re embarrassed
- Social media, online activity, and sexting
- The age-old adolescent concern—”Am I normal?”
- How to talk with your teen if you think s/he’s sexually active
- Talking to your kids about puberty—and why they’ll thank you
- Party behavior, drinking, and sexual decision-making
- What parents and teens need to know about porn
- Talking about sexuality and your faith tradition—without encouraging guilt or shame
- What to do if you and your partner disagree about how to parent on the subject
Today’s teens live in a world that we never had to navigate. Dr. Klein will share reassuring information and valuable tools to help parents help young people deal with the challenges—and the feelings—they will inevitably face. He’ll share evidence that today’s youth are actually safer than we may imagine. He’ll even talk about how healthy parenting on this subject can lead to family growth.
“Your presentations always receive rave reviews!” – California Association of Marriage & Family Therapists