Yes, there is something new to say about sex. Here’s a robust perspective about how sex really is, exploring dozens of what will be “Aha!” moments for every reader, such as:
- Although most people say that what they want from sex is a combination of pleasure and closeness, that’s not what they usually focus on during sex.
- The similarities between male and female sexuality are far more important than the differences.
- Sexual function is a means to an end, not an end in itself. Paradoxically, focusing on “function” often undermines sexual satisfaction.
- Anyone who thinks that orgasm is the best part of sex is missing most of what sex offers.
- Our desire to be sexually “normal” is precisely what prevents us from becoming our authentic sexual selves.
Most people develop their model of sexuality when they have the body of a young, healthy person—which nobody has very long. Thus, we all need a different model of sexuality if we want to desire and enjoy sex throughout our lives. This book provides that model—by enhancing your Sexual Intelligence.